Biosphere Reserve "Lake Vänern Archipelago with Mount Kinnekulle" is also a Fisheries area. This means that we have support from the EU to work with sustainable development of the fisheries sector. In the Fisheries area, the private and the public sector can get funding for new project ideas. The projects can be co-financed with up to 60% of the total project budget.
The Fisheries area has a development strategy which aims to strengthen, maintain and further develop a sustainable local fishing industry in the Municipalities of Lidköping, Mariestad and Götene. The vision is to create economic growth and hence new jobs. All development efforts must be based on local conditions and in collaboration with local stakeholders to create synergies and a holistic approach for our Fishieries area. New forms of cooperation that can produce added value to products and services is key to create economic growth in the area.
The Fisheries area has five priorities for the project applications:
1. Product development and quality assurance of Lake Vänern products
2. Strengthening to ensure local processing, reception and distribution capacity
3. Create opportunities for complementary activities/businesses
4. Strengthen cooperation between fisheries and the local and regional restaurant industry so that fish would be better integrated and processed on the local market
5. Develop marketing of Lake Vänern products to ensure product markets
Read the development strategy below for more information!
The Fishieries area is financed by the European Fisheries Fund, the Board of Fisheries, Region of Västra Götaland and the Municipalities of Lidköping, Götene and Mariestad.
If you have a project ideas, contact Johanna Olsson at phone 0501-39 31 95
|< Föregående||Nästa >|